Saturday, January 19, 2013

Tomorrow

Today, i couldn't reach my destination,
I had wandered away from the path;
I had been led astray by the glittering non-
essentials,
And now i'm stuck and clueless, in the gathering
night.
But tomorrow, with its promise of sunlight,
Holds an assurance of a journey completed.

Today, i failed to shine,
And lighten the world-
Giving the next man the inspiration to brighten his
own corner;
Today, i neglected the one thing that was essential-
love.
As i look back with dismay,
I realize with a heart full of gratitude:
I had one more gift-
Tomorrow- to make things right.

Today, i failed; tomorrow i'll succeed,
Today is marred by my actions,
Tomorrow is a fresh lump to be molded into
greatness;
Today, i wished i had not been born,
Tomorrow i'll be immortalized.
Tomorrow, a day of hope and better things awaits,
I'll rise and meet it with gladness;
For tomorrow i'll shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment